International students applying in any career program must meet both the academic admissions requirements and the language proficiency requirements. When you apply you will be required to send transcripts and other supporting documentation. For a complete list of academic and other admission requirements, please see the listing for that program.
As proof of your English language proficiency you must submit ONE of the following documents:
- International English Language Testing System - IELTS (*).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language - TOEFL (*).
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of 3 years of full-time secondary education at a school where English was the language of Instruction.
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of 1 year of full-time post-secondary education at a school where English was the language of Instruction.
- Successful completion of Bow Valley College International ELL (English for Academic Purposes levels) full-time program with minimum final mark of B(*) or a recognized alternate. BVC has agreed to also accept the following as equivalent:
Successful completion of SAIT's English Language Foundations Level 5 with a minimum grade 77% or B+.
(*) Depending on the program you choose, there is a minimum grade you must meet. To view the scores accepted to enroll in our career programs please review details here: www.bowvalleycollege.ca/ELP
NOTE: IELTS and TOEFL results are valid for two years from the day of testing. Validity of assessment results should be in effect as of the start date of the program. Official report must be submitted.