For Over 30 Years, Our Key Strengths Have Allowed Us to Help Nations Develop and Prosper.
With over 50 years of technical and vocational education experience and 30 years of international partnership collaboration, Bow Valley College has a strong history of successful overseas development and training projects. We champion your success. You’ll find our methods proven and effective thanks to our key strengths.
EXPERTISE IN TRAINING VITAL SKILLS
Expertise in applied education that builds capacity and enhances employability:
• Competency Based Education and Training (CBET) design/delivery
• Needs identification, GAP analysis, and labor market needs assessments
• Occupational analysis/profiling
• Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) entrepreneurship skill enhancement
• Instructional skills strategies/toolkits
• Foundational learning, literacy and workplace essential skills
• Prior learning assessment and recognition
Our international experience is broad and builds on our core competencies, skilled
project managers, subject matter experts, faculty, and commitment to excellence.
Our partners range from private businesses to community skills training centers to
institutions to governments at all levels undertaking educational reforms.
THE LASTING POWER OF PARTNERSHIPS
Community driven capacity building is at the essence of Bow Valley College.
Through local inquiry and thorough consultation we strive to understand the
human, social and cultural attributes of the region. Our partners identify the
development and training gaps and together we design the solutions and toolkits
for change. This results in solutions with real impact and lasting relationships
that far exceed the duration of the project.
A WIDE RANGE OF PROVEN PROGRAMS
The key to success is accurately understanding the need, and tailoring a
practical, focused, applicable solution. Our ability to draw from a broad
portfolio of successful programming ensures your success.
• Curriculum review and assessment
• Competency Based Education and Training (CBET)
• Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
• Support of educational reform initiatives
• Workplace essential skills assessment and training
• English language instruction
• Intercultural communications strategies
• Entrepreneurship and business skills curriculum and incubators
• Health care and human services programming
• Leadership and community stewardship
• Career/market entry preparation
• Management and Administration vocational education leadership training
• Needs assessments (training, community level, labor market)
• Foundational learning and upgrading; including literacy and numeracy
• Support and access to the Government of Alberta International
PARTNERSHIPS AND MOBILITY
• Faculty and student exchange
• International internships
• Joint curriculum development/program brokering
• Overseas field schools
• International delegation hosting
• Applied international research