Study or Work Abroad as part of your Education!
To support learning opportunities abroad that enrich learning experiences and outcomes,
Bow Valley College is offering International Mobility Awards:
To qualify for one of the International Mobility Awards of $ 1000 - $ 2000, you must be a current student at Bow Valley College who will participate in:
- A BVC international mobility (study, practicum or work abroad) program that has been approved by the Executive, the Academic School and the International Education Department of BVC.
- An international mobility program that is offered through one of Bow Valley College’s affiliated Canadian Colleges or Institutes which has been approved by the learner’s Dean at Bow Valley College and the International Education Department or an
- An international mobility program, which you the learner has researched, which has been reviewed by the International Education Department and approved by your Dean at Bow Valley College.
For complete eligibility information and how to apply please download the application form. In addition, please complete and sign the Consent and release for use of personal image and information form.
The application deadline is 4pm on November 30th, 2016 and February 28th 2017
Benefits of Studying or Working Abroad
Deciding to participate in an overseas study or work abroad experience can be intimidating with the personal, financial and academic commitment often required.
So why go abroad as part of your education?
- Those who have been abroad attest that the value is profound and far-lasting.
- Your world-view, self-confidence and professional aptitude will be positively and unequivocally influenced,
- Your personal growth will include increased self-awareness, maturity, independence and acceptance of diversity,
- Your intercultural development includes will enhance your understanding of your own cultural values and biases,
- You will come away with a more sophisticated way of looking at the world impacting your life, create lasting friendships and influencing interactions with people from different cultures long after your time abroad.
International experience is an impressive part of any resume. In our modern global-based economy, multiculturalism is the realty in the communities in which we live, work and play. Global mindedness is an asset in most professional fields. The cross-cultural interpersonal skills and adaptability you'll develop will enhance your employability and income potential.
"I'm thankful for the scholarship because this gave me the chance to do a practicum in another country and lean about another culture that I otherwise would never have done. Thank you for that." Conny Van Heurck ELCC 2015 Guyana Practicum
Further explore the benefits of study abroad: